FridayFive: 5 Effective Backlinking Tips to Get Your Business To The Top
“Over 70% of UK companies with less than 50 employees have none or very basic levels of SEO. 12% of all business websites are not found in Search Engines.” – Thomson Local/Analytics SEO, 2010
Most Google ranking tips deal with getting incoming links (or backlinks as they are also referred to) to your website. And for good reason. The more quality incoming links you have, the higher your Google Page Rank will be and the more visible you will be to your prospects and/or customers. Here are 5 tricks to build your incoming links:
- Submit to Search Engines – This may be obvious to some, but as the Thomson Local study shows it is still an issue for many. Fortunately it can be easily remedied by submitting your website to a few Search Engines and Directories. These can get you some free links back to your website too. Sign up with as many as you can.
- Forums – This is one of the most overlooked but best of Google ranking tips. Join forums that are relevant to your industry. When you participate in forums and include the link to your website in your signature, you will get links back to your website. This is also a very effective way to establish your reputation in your industry whilst raising your website ‘page rank’ at the same time.
- Create an Ezine or Newsletter – Taking the time to create a newsletter that you can send out to subscribers is definitely worth it. This keeps your visitors up to date with what you are doing and brings them back to visit your website on a more regular basis. You can also submit your ezine to an ezine directory which will link back to your website.
- Article Marketing – If you can create (or hire someone to do it for you) articles that pertain to your business, with your website information at the bottom, and submit them to article directories, you will get more traffic and links.
- Just Ask – Ask for links from other related sites’ webmasters. This is a rather “old-school” tactic but is still effective, albeit frustrating and time-consuming. Find sites that are related to your industry and write to their webmasters requesting that they link back to you. Some will not answer you. Some will say “no”. Some will ask you to link to them as well. And others will just link to you.
Whilst ‘backlinks’ are an important part of your SEO strategy, there are also many ‘on-site’ factors that have a significant effect. For example, you have a higher chance of getting the results you want if your site contains valuable information. Google loves websites with regular new content (and that’s one reason why I regularly write this blog).
Backlinking can be a laborious task, but we love it here at Blymi 😉
If you’re tired of your website ranking badly, or just fed up with trying to build the backlinks yourself, give us a call or Request a Consultation Session. We have dedicated SEO experts, extensive knowledge of backlinking techniques and hold a database of 1000s of high quality, regularly tested backlinks (including Government and Education sites, the most potent backlinks you can gain).
We also pride ourselves on being one of the few SEO providers that only create ethical backlinks (we don’t ‘spam’ other businesses blogs with false comments, for example), so your brand is not compromised.